Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Movie Directors and their Operatic Debut: Sky Arts Opera Shorts

I was browsing one of my favorite music genres on Youtube and came across this. The English National Opera and Sky Arts teamed with 3 outstanding visual artists: Dougal Wilson (Director of music videos for LCD Soundsystem, Coldplay, Goldfrapp, etc); Werner Herzog (Director amongst other things of "My son, My son, What have ye done", a new version of Aeschylus' Orestia, originally performed by a killer during the 70's which I personally didn't love but found interesting) and Sam Taylor-Wood who recently directed "Nowhere Boy", a movie about John Lennon's childhood.

Descriptions and curricula aside, these guys made three short films for the English National Opera Season and brought the good old fashioned genre to the XXI century videoclip format. For your beautiful eyes and ears: Sky Arts Opera Shorts.


No comments:

Post a Comment